Larkin Veterinary Center Career Opportunities
Certified Veterinary Technician- Surgery/Dental
Larkin Veterinary Center is seeking Part or Full Time Certified Veterinary Technician to add to our expanding surgical and dental teams. Candidates should have at least 3 years experience administering anesthesia. Non-certified assistants may be considered if they have had at least 5+ years experience administering anesthesia and can provide proof of adequate knowledge and skill. Experience with dentistry a plus for any candidate.
General work hours will be 12 to 12.5 hour shifts and rotating 3 or 4 day work weeks (Full time), or two 12 hours shifts (Part Time). Full time candidates will be required to work 50% of weekends a month seeing outpatient appointments.
- Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Admitting patients for procedures. Going over treatment plans with owners and having proper documents signed.
- Prepping surgery and dental suites for use for the day.
- Assisting the veterinarian in pre-anesthetic exams.
- Running pre-anesthetic bloodwork.
- Maintaining detail records prior to, during, and after anesthesia.
- Monitoring patient during every stage of anesthesia.
- Manually monitoring patients for heart rate, resp rate, and temperature.
- Working/Reading monitoring equipment including blood pressure, ecg, pulse ox, CO2, and engler ventilators.
- Entering patient bills and preparing patients for discharge.
- Discharging patients to owners.
- Cleaning and stocking of surgical and dental suites.
Interested candidates should submit resume, cover letter detailing work experience, and one letter of reference from a veterinarian.
Candidates without the listed anesthesia experience will not be considered.